|Quote delayed 20 minutes|
Cautionary Statement for Purposes of the "Safe Harbor" Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Matters discussed in this website contain forward-looking information that involves risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements express our current expectations or forecasts of possible future results or events, including projections of future performance, statements of management's plans and objectives, future contracts, and forecasts of trends and other matters. You can identify these statements by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts and often use words such as "anticipate", "estimate", "expect", "believe," "will likely result," "outlook," "project" and other words and expressions of similar meaning. No assurance can be given that the results in any forward-looking statements will be achieved and actual results could be affected by one or more factors, which could cause them to differ materially. For these statements we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. Certain factors that may affect our business and could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements include the following:
• the seasonality of our business and the sensitivity of the industry to weather conditions
• intense competition and low barriers to entry in the industry
• sensitivity of the industry to general economic and market conditions
• our ability to:
• penetrate new markets
• identify appropriate acquisition candidates, complete acquisitions on satisfactory terms and successfully integrate acquired businesses
• obtain short-term and long-term financing on satisfactory terms
• generate sufficient cash flows to support expansion plans and general operating activities
• maintain favorable supplier arrangements and relationships
• identify and divest assets which do not continue to create value consistent with our objectives
• the effectiveness of our advertising, marketing and promotional programs
• changes in laws and regulations, including changes in accounting standards and taxation requirements (including tax rate changes, new tax laws and revised tax law interpretations)
• changes in environmental, health and safety regulations and our ability to comply with such regulations
• the risk of fire, safety and casualty losses and related liability claims inherent in the storage of the chemicals that we sell
• acts of war or terrorist incidents
• changes in public and consumer taste
• future litigation or governmental proceedings
• labor disputes
The foregoing factors are not exhaustive and new factors may emerge which impact our business. It is impossible for us to predict all such factors. Therefore, forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as a prediction of actual future results. We cannot guarantee that any future event or result will be realized, although we believe we have been prudent in our plans and assumptions. Should additional risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove inaccurate, actual results could differ materially from those anticipated. Investors should bear this in mind as they consider forward-looking statements.
We undertake no obligation to publicly update forward-looking statements, whether as a result of subsequent events, new information or otherwise.
Data delayed 15 to 20 minutes unless otherwise indicated.